On June 23, 1974 the Community Room at First Federal Saving and Loan Association gave birth to the first service of Generations Christian Church, formerly known as, First Christian Church of Tarpon Springs, Florida. From the original small group of 27 people, 12 individuals stepped forth, committing themselves as charter members. On November 20, 1988, the congregation celebrated the groundbreaking for their new worship center located in Tarpon Springs, Florida. Two years later, Easter Sunday, 1990, they celebrated within the walls of the new building located on Keystone Rd. in Tarpon Springs, Florida. First Christian church continued to grow and expand that facility. We soon outgrew our Keystone location, developed a master plan to expand our ministry even further, purchasing additional property in Trinity, Florida just four miles from our old Keystone Rd. location.
Our church family changed our church name to “Generations Christian Church” and celebrated ground breaking for our new Trinity campus on Oct 14, 2007, with construction completed for phase one in Aug of 2009. This new location at 1540 Little Rd, Trinity Florida 34655, has placed our outreach ministry within 30 acres of usable land. This move strategically placed our ministry in one of the fastest growing communities of the Tri-county area.
Our new worship facility provides a state of the art worship auditorium, children’s, and middle/high school student areas, and administration offices. There are future plans to add a small chapel, adult education building, expansion of the Children’s ministry building, and outdoor recreational areas.